As a mother I’ve become quite partial to the cute mummy gifts and silly things that’s around the shops. Cards and things to make us feel a bit special are always given with love in this house.
This year instead on the cute 1st Mother’s Day I had last year I’m going for something different, practical and most definitely needed!
So here’s my routine and the gifts I’d love and think every Mummy should have this Mother’s Day!
On the day: We wake up and usually grab Cailyn for cuddles in our bed, open my cards and get all mushy with the obligatory glass of fizz. Then, I happily make breakfast because if Chris did it we’d all die of food poisoning and no one has time for that!
We then get organised and head off to somewhere that I want to go or we fancy taking Cailyn.
Last year we went to Loch Tay and did a massive walk around Taymouth Marina. I was shown into the new beautiful outdoor spa area and got to enjoy a full tour with loch views to die for. We had coffee and the best pic nic later on, with the sun shining it really made our day a great one.
How tiny was Cailyn here! WOW.
This year we will do the same but our location of choice will be North Berwick.
So what do I really want?
How about a holiday for 1 and a crate of champagne please?!
These are some things I’ll be putting on my list this year & can suggest for all you beautiful Mamas as they’re all incredibly beautiful and passionate about their work.
• Sally from KONOC is literally my go to for key rings, I have one with Cailyn’s date of birth and one with Mummy on it. I gifted one to my Dad for his birthday and he loves it! Such great quality and presentation.
You can personalise these and choose from many colours and leathers!
Shop here - KONOC
• Lucy at Lucky Cloud creates the most beautiful local products that are natural and super gentle on your skin. I swear by her nourishing face oil £20 or £9.50 for the mini bottle. I love her lip balms and I’ve even used them on Cailyn to they are that good.
She’s Edinburgh based and one of my original true loves!
Shop here - LUCKY CLOUD
• Gerrard & Grace have a beautiful and very thoughtful, luxurious Mother’s Day box for £26 and I must say it’s the perfect gift and a definite must for any mum this year! You can add a scarf option and with my code: CAILYNLIGHT or CAILYNDARK you can get a FREE scarf for limited time. All you have to do is choose what colour scarf you’d like!
Shop here - LOVE BOX
• These gorgeous and very talented babes at Mud Edinburgh create the most stunning bespoke flower arrangements & Subscription boxes. You can now get them delivered to certain EH postcodes from as little as £19 inc delivery- Blush Roses for me please! (Any Actually)
Shop here - MUD FLOWERS
• Now for the beautiful & very practical bag of dreams from Tiba & Marl
This Silver Mini Elwood is £35 and back in stock on the 7th March - just in time! Perfect for us mums who may not need a lot to carry around but if you do, grab a full size one.
Shop here - SILVER MINI ELWOOD
• Norah’s Brownies yet again on my lists as Leah is fantastic, beautiful and one hell of a creative gem! She’s listed her newly created Prosecco Brownie for £17 and I love it! So pretty, look at that sparkle! Keep an eye out for more stunning designs coming soon and available to buy from her website.
Shop here - PROSECCO
JUST LAUNCHED!!!! (Below)
• No Mother’s Day should be without some fizz and this year I’m going to ask for some of I heart Wines - iheart Prosecco it’s gorgeous, I drank many many bottles last summer! This was one night in Fort William, so beautiful & the view was pretty nice to!
Shop here - IHEART PROSECCO
• My favourite slice of Chocolate perfection will always be Charbonnel et Walker and their truffles. Everyone knows how much I love their chocolate so obviously this has to be on my Mother’s Day list.
Shop here - MOTHERS DAY
So that’s my list with some of my favourites and our routine but what’s yours?
I’d love to know if you have any special traditions or maybe you book a night away, alone with that crate of fizz I dream of?
So jealous if you do!
I hope you all have a fantastic, well deserved, spoilt Mother’s Day! It’s not always easy so make sure you have some serious self love and treat yourself!
YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Cailyn’s Mummy x